If you are a hunter, then you know that there are various things that you have to consider. Aside from the hunting gear that you need to bring with you when you are hunting, you have to make sure that you will have enough knowledge and experience to wear the right clothes that will allow you to camouflage with the rest of your surroundings.
If in case you are not too familiar with the type of clothes that you are going to wear, remember that you have to wear three layers of clothing. These layers are the following:
- Outer layer
- Base layer
- Mid layer
When you dress in layers, you can at least concentrate on what you are doing especially when it is cold. You will be protected enough so that you can focus on hunting. You do know that even with layering, the materials of the clothes that you are going to wear, you have to consider everything. For instance, when you layer, you need to stay away from cotton.
The base layer is supposed to be the lightest layer and most hunters would go for cotton but when it comes to hunting, cotton may be a material that traps moisture so it will not be comfortable especially when you get wet because of the conditions that you have to go through. You may become exposed to a lot of elements for a long period of time so you need another type of clothing that is more breathable and comfortable such as Merino Wool.
Merino Wool is anti – microbial and at the same time, it is soft so you can count on it being comfortable the whole time that you are using it. After using this as the base layer, you can already choose the other pieces of clothing that you are going to use for the other layers. What types of material should you use for the other layers of your skin?
Remember that when it comes to the middle layers, you should choose clothes that are loose so that they will be easy to remove if you feel the need to do so but make sure that they are not too baggy that you can barely make use of it appropriately. It should still help in controlling your body temperature and how can baggy clothes protect you from being too cold? Go for effective mid weight layers in order to help give you the protection that you need.
When it comes to the type of protection that hunters need, the outer layer is the one that will provide the best protection possible. This means that you have to choose the right clothes that will protect you from the elements that you may encounter. Here are some things that you have to look for in clothes that you will use as an outer layer:
- Water Repellant – You may become exposed to rain and snow, you need something that will protect you from water so that you will not feel cold.
- Strong and Durable – You may have to encounter a lot of rocks, trees and other items that may hurt you if you are not too careful. The clothes that you wear should help protect you from these things.
- Clothes Should Fit Well – You have to remember that the most important thing to remember about the outer layer of the clothes that you are going to wear is that they should fit well. If your chosen clothing will not fit well, this may not give you the protection that you are searching for.
The Art of Leaning How to Camouflage
Aside from protecting yourself from the elements, you need to make sure that you are not easily visible so that you can get close to the game without scaring them away. You can do this appropriately when you learn how to camouflage. You do not have to worry about finding the clothing colors that will match the surroundings that you are going to be hunting from.
A lot of companies and manufacturers have made it a point to produce various forms of clothing so choosing can be easy because there are a lot of choices. It will be just a little bit complicated when you do not know from which company you should purchase your clothes. Here are some tips that will help you out:
- Do not just purchase clothes from a company because of the hype. You may choose the brand that is currently popular but do you honestly think that it can give you the basics? Can it give you what you are searching for? Perhaps it is best if you would forget about the hype and focus more on the quality of the clothes that you may get.
- Get to know how comfortable the clothes can be. Read some reviews on how the clothes have helped them survive hard and dangerous situations.
- Colors are always important. Choose the right colors that will allow you to camouflage effectively because in hunting, this can make or break the whole situation that you are in.
Remember that when you dress up to hunt, you have to think about all of the pieces of clothes that you are going to wear as well as the gear that you are also going to bring with you when you get there to have a successful hunting trip.