You have to remember that when it comes to hunting, you still have to make sure that you will not be seen. You have to make sure that you will try your hardest so that your prey will not see you immediately. You have to camouflage with your surroundings as much as possible. You know that this is not something that you will easily achieve.
At the same time, you would like to personalize your riflescope so that you will be able to be different from all the other riflescopes that you can purchase from various stores. Aside from blending in with the rest of your surroundings, you would like to make sure that you will be hidden, otherwise, how will you be able to do some hunting?
Still, wanting to paint your riflescope will require you to do some measures in order to protect it from the paint. As much as possible, you would like to paint it without ruining it so how are you going to do that? There are some things that you have to do to make it possible.
First and foremost, you have to make sure that you have all of the items that you will need to make painting your riflescope possible. You need to have the following items:
- Masking tape
- Spray Paint
- Skill in Painting
You have to remember that when it comes to the things that you have to remember so that you can paint your riflescope with ease, there are some things that you have to remember:
- You have to remember that there are no rules when it comes to the things that you would have to place on your riflescope. Most of the time, you would be picking out colors that will allow you to blend in with the rest of your surroundings. Remember that you would need to break up the shape of your riflescope so that your prey will not see it.
- You may have to choose the right spray paint that you are going to pick out. It will be best if you could pick out some spray paint colors that are not very bright. It has to be similar to the colors of your environment so that being hidden will not be a problem.
- You would have to use the masking tape or any type of tape that you can purchase from the hardware store that you know will protect some parts of your microscope from getting painted on. Tape off all the areas that you do not want to have paint on.
- Use a base coat in order to paint the areas that you would like to paint on. Spray paint can dry out fast so this is not something that you should worry about. Make use of the base paint in the beginning and wait for about 10 – 15 minutes before you apply a second coating. Once the second coating has already dried up, you may then start to apply your usual coating that you would like to use for your riflescope.
- When spraying the paint, make sure that you will be spraying it a bit far away from the riflescope in order to maximize the amount of paint that will be placed on the riflescope. Remember that you can already achieve a great effect with your spray paint if you would only use two colors.
- Your skill in painting your riflescope can be tested if you would be very meticulous about the design that you have in mind. It will be highly easy to paint if you want your riflescope to just be plain. Perhaps you just want to have one color but this is not always the case. If you believe that you are skilled enough, you may be meticulous in painting out the details on your riflescope.
- Remove all of the masking tape that may be covering some parts of the riflescope. You can inspect if no paint ever reach the places that you have taped off.
- Remember that once you let your riflescope dry out, you cannot expect that your riflescope can stay the same for a long period of time. There will be times when after using it for a few times, you would have to repaint the riflescope. As long as you will accept this as something that you have to do regularly then you do not have to worry about anything.
Now that you already know the various ways on how you can paint your riflescope, you have to remember to check all of the features of the riflescope if they are still working perfectly after you have painted on the microscope. This will ensure that your riflescope will not only have a unique design, it will still remain to be functional.