So you have finally caught a deer and you would like to make use of all the meat that you have gotten from it. You may have decided to make deer sausages but you would like to eat more than the usual fried sausages every day. What do you think are other recipes that you can try so that you can improve the food that you eat. You may even make use of the deer sausages for meals that you can serve to your whole family.
Here are some of the recipes using deer sausages that you can try:
1. Venison Sausage Casserole
If you would like a type of dish that you can serve to your whole family for supper, this is the best choice for you to have. This does not require a lot of ingredients and it may also taste better the longer that you cook it.
- Deer Sausages
- Red Wine
- Chicken Stock
The amount of each ingredient that you are going to use will depend on how many people you are going to serve the food to. The more people who are going to eat, the more the amount of ingredients that you are going to use.
- Brown the deer sausages in a casserole first with your cooking oil of choice.
- Remove the sausages first and add the onions, garlic and bacon so that they can cook well.
- Place back the sausages and put flour.
- Add the red wine and chicken stock.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Place the mushrooms and cook for another 20 minutes.
- You just need to reheat the dish every time someone is going to eat.
2. Pancake and Sausage
The best thing about pancake is that it can taste great whether it is sweet or salty. This time, you can add a bit of sausage to your usual pancake in order to make it taste great. This is a great dish that can be easy to prepare for the whole family. This can be perfect for camping events as well.
- Ground Deer Sausage
- Brown and White Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Remember that you need to have an oven before you can prepare this meal. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the grinded sausage first in a skillet.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl first. Afterwards, you can add oil, eggs and the vanilla extract so that it will be like a batter. Add the sausage afterwards.
- Pour this on the pan that will be used for baking.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or at least wait until the pancake becomes clean.
- Wait for a few minutes before cutting so that it will not fall apart.
This may be one of the innovative recipes that you can try if you particularly like the mix of salty and sweet.
3. Venison Sausage Lasagna
If you love pasta dishes and you want to serve something that you whole family will love, you will not go wrong with the venison sausage lasagna. You may be surprised that after you serve this, this will become one of the regular dishes that people in your household would love to eat.
- Lasagna Noodles
- Deer Sausage
- White Sugar
- Sea Salt
- Pasta Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Seasoning of Your Choice
- Black Pepper
- Different Types of Cheeses
- Like how you cook all the other pasta dishes, you need to cook your lasagna noodles first in a pot of boiling water. Make sure that the water is enough to cook the lasagna noodles with ease.
- After the noodles have been cooked, you need to place them in ice cold water so that they will not be overcooked.
- Cook the deer sausage, onion and garlic first before you would place in the tomato sauce, the herbs that you are going to use in order to flavor your lasagna further, sea salt, pepper and sugar.
- Mix all of the ingredients until you bring the dish to a simmer.
- Place your heat to low.
- Stir occasionally for the duration of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- You would need to prepare the cheese sauce that you are going to include in the lasagna. You need to mix all of the cheeses together plus the eggs and the other herbs that you are going to use.
- Place tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish before you are going to place the pasta noodles. Do this alternately until you reach the top of the baking dish.
- Add the cheese mixture that you have created after placing the last of the tomato sauce and herbs on top of the last layer of noodles.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil to make the whole dish cook better.
- You would need to cook your venison lasagna for about 50 minutes. You also need to remove the aluminum foil in the last 10 minutes that you are going to cook your pasta dish. Wait 10 minutes before serving to your guests to allow the lasagna to keep its shape.
Which of the recipes that are mentioned above would you like to try at the soonest possible time? The decision will be up to you but all of the dishes will be nice to try.