Beginners in shooting may instantly be discouraged after missing a few shots. With this, it is a good thing that that are weapon attachments that you can use to make you a better shooter even if you are a novice, such as in the case of a red dot sight. With the latter, there is a red dot that will pinpoint accurately to your target, providing you with the guarantee of precise shots.
When it comes to red dot sight, Vortex Optics is one of the brands that you can trust. Among their different models, one of the most popular is the Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight (SPC-402). Is this a good investment? Keep on reading and learn more about this product.
Outstanding Features of Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight (SPC-402)
The following are some of the features that give this red dot sight an edge above other models within the competitive landscape:
- Multi-coated Optics: A lot of the cheap options for red dot sights have ordinary optics, which are inferior in terms of clarity, especially if they are used in dark environments. With this model, on the other hand, optical quality is one of the features that you will enjoy. Even if it is dark, your subject will appear bright.
- 10 Brightness Setting: You are always in control with the use of this red dot scope. You can adjust the brightness in ten different levels. Even in a dark surrounding, you can just adjust the brightness and you can easily see your subject.
- 22 MM Objective Lens Diameter: This may not necessarily be a huge lens, but for basic applications, it is more than sufficient.
- 90 MOA Windage and Elevation Adjustments: Windage refers to the left and right adjustments, while elevation is the up or down adjustments. This means that you will enjoy versatility in terms of adjusting the scope with regards to the direction that you wish the bullet to be moving.
- Water-resistant Body: The all-weather construction of this model is one more feature that we loved. Even if it is raining, you can use Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight (SPC-402)without worrying that it will be prone to wear and tear.
- Multi-Height Mounting System: Regardless of the weapon that you are choosing, the red dot sight can be mounted easily. There are also various height adjustments, allowing you to change its height as desired.
Benefits of Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight (SPC-402)
Using this red dot sight can offer a wide array of benefits, including the following:
- Enjoy ultimate versatility. There are multiple adjustments that can be made, such as elevation, windage, and brightness. As mentioned, the mounting height can also be adjusted.
- It also offers the benefit of portability. Because of its lightweight construction, you can easily bring it with you. It will also not put an added weight on your weapon.
- Just like in the case of other red dot sights, it can help to provide faster target acquisition.
- This is also parallax-free. Meaning, you can shoot with both of our eyes open. This is beneficial in terms of increasing situational awareness.
Pros and Cons
The following are some of the advantages of using Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight (SPC-402):
- Long Battery Life: This is going to have a positive impact on the dependability of Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight (SPC-402). It is powered by CR2032 battery, which can last for 5,000 hours when used in minimum brightness setting and 300 hours when used in maximum setting.
- Automatic Shut-off Feature: This red dot sight has 12-hour automatic shutdown feature. If you forget to turn it off, it will do so on its own. This is going to be highly beneficial in terms of increasing the efficiency of its battery life.
- Nitrogen Gas Purged: This is the feature that is basically responsible for improving the structural integrity of this product. This makes the sight fog-proof, waterproof, and shockproof. This enables the red dot sight to withstand external conditions, and hence, making it long-lasting.
- Lightweight Construction: Weight is one of the most important things for a red dot sight. Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight (SPC-402)is lightweight, which makes it portable. It won’t also add a significant weight in your weapon, making handling a snap.
- Affordable: You do not have to spend a fortune to enjoy a product with exceptional quality. This model is made by one of the most trusted brands in the market category and has state-of-the-art features, yet it comes with an economical price tag.
- Night Mode: If you want a more thrilling shooting experience, try to do it at night. With the Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight (SPC-402), you will not have any problem. With its night vision capability, you can easily see your target even in the dark.
Meanwhile, there are also disadvantages, which include the following:
- Adjustment Knobs are Soft: There are some users who noted that the knobs are quite soft. This means that you cannot really feel it when you are making adjustments.
- Caps are A Bit Awkward to Remove: The battery and lens covers are quite close to each other, which makes them a bit difficult to remove. This, however, should not be a major issue.
- Minimal Eye Relief: When it comes to technical specifications, there are also some who did not like the small eye relief, which may make it quite painful to the eye when used for an extended period of time.
With Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight, you do not have to spend a lot to enjoy a product that can deliver exceptional quality. Even if it is affordable, quality is never compromised, as evidenced by having long battery life, weather-proof and durable construction, and being user-friendly. With all of the features that have been mentioned above, this is truly an excellent investment for people who are just starting to learn shooting.
Read more about best red dot sight here!